Christmas cactus are strong, easy to grow and can thrive for many years. In mild weather they can be kept outside in light shade or very filtered sunlight. They cannot tolerate frost, so be sure to bring them inside before it freezes in the fall. Here are a few interesting facts about these succulents:
- A Christmas Cactus can live for 20 to 30 years
- Did you know that plants can help with reducing excessive noise? They have the greatest effect in areas with many large, hard surfaces
- The botanical name of the Christmas Cactus is Schlumbergera, named after Frédéric Schlumberger (1823-1893)
- Remove dead flowers regularly. This will stimulate the plant to produce new flower buds. The flowers will bloom for approximately seven days
- The hanging stems of the Christmas Cactus can become 60 centimeters long
Fresh flowers fade fast, but beautiful blooming plants last and last, especially Poinsettias – perfect for the Holidays.
Come to Payne’s for the best selection of top quality tropical and seasonal plants.
If you’re hosting Thanksgiving Dinner, set the mood with some of our Thanksgiving table decorations or if you’re attending a festive occasion, bring a flowering plant for the host or hostess. Our talented, creative team have come up with beautiful centerpieces ready to be picked up at the St. Michael’s location only. Designs differ so hurry in and get your favorite style!
Stop by either of our Payne’s stores and pick up a colorful GIFT PLANT to help you say THANK YOU! Gift wrapping for a small fee and local delivery is available.
BOTH Payne’s store locations will be CLOSED for Thanksgiving Day and will reopen on Friday, November 24!
Stop by and place your Poinsettias order today. Hurry because they sell out!
Gift wrapping for a small fee and local delivery is available.
At the St. Michael’s Location ONLY – Beautiful Ristras! Hurry In For Best Selection!
We have Ristras for the Holidays. Hurry in because these Ristras are going fast!
Stop by the South location on St. Michael’s Dr. for a beautiful selection of fresh Ristras, grown and hand-made right here in New Mexico! There are three sizes to choose from!
Unlike others from various sources, these handmade Ristras are not sprayed with any products/chemicals and therefore are perfect for using in your culinary creations.