… these FUN FACTS about the CYCLAMEN?
- Cyclamen is also known as “sowbread,” as it fed to pigs to enhance the flavour of pork.
- The name Cyclamen comes from the Greek word “kuklos,” meaning circle.
- Cyclamens have been used in traditional herbal medicine to heal wounds and boils.
- During the Renaissance, the ear-shaped leaves were thought to heal ear aches.
- In the late 16th century, cyclamen was used to induce childbirth.
- In the language of flowers, cyclamen symbolize departure; they would be a perfect gift for someone who is retiring or relocating.